Jamie Oliver. I love this guy. His stuff is easy to make, super tasty, and even if it’s smothered in mozzarella cheese, I can’t help but think its good for me because everything is natural and not processed with chemicals.
All the ingredients for this dish are available at the Italian Centre Shop. Even the orecchiette pasta that is used.
His website introduces this dish as:
“This pasta dish is loved all over Italy. It is eaten by families at gatherings or celebrations and is also something the monks I visited at the Abbazia di Farfa, just outside Rome, have every Sunday as a special lunch. “
The ingredient list is:
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• extra virgin olive oil
• 1 white onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
• 1 or 2 dried red chillies, crumbled
• 1.5kg ripe tomatoes or 3 x 400g tins of good-quality plum tomatoes
• a large handful of fresh basil leaves
• optional: 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 400g dried orecchiette
• 4 big handfuls of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 x 150g balls of mozzarella
For the method, click this link: Baked Pasta With Tomatoes Mozzarella
This makes a HUGE amount of pasta, perfect for a large family gathering or pot luck lunch at work.